It’s official: Gossip Girl star Chace Crawford has been cast in the lead role in the anticipated remake of Footloose, Paramount announced today, confirming news that EW had previously reported. The role recently became available when Zac Efron bowed out. Footloose will be directed by High School Musical maestro Kenny Ortega. Paramount still hasn’t signed its female lead, though sources tell EW that several actresses — such as Hayden Panettiere and Julianne Hough — have been under consideration. (Reporting by Nicole Sperling)
'Footloose': Chace Crawford confirmed for lead role
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- Jack Bruce, bassist for Cream, dies at 71
- Comic-book collecting: What draws you to it?
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'