It’s official: Gossip Girl star Chace Crawford has been cast in the lead role in the anticipated remake of Footloose, Paramount announced today, confirming news that EW had previously reported. The role recently became available when Zac Efron bowed out. Footloose will be directed by High School Musical maestro Kenny Ortega. Paramount still hasn’t signed its female lead, though sources tell EW that several actresses — such as Hayden Panettiere and Julianne Hough — have been under consideration. (Reporting by Nicole Sperling)
'Footloose': Chace Crawford confirmed for lead role
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5: 7 rumors debunked
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- HBO comedy 'Togetherness' heads for the beach in First Look photo
- Meet Julie Meyer on new episode of EW's 'Polished': Actress gets Zen about the Hollywood grind
- Stephen Amell and Co. preview 'Arrow': Will Oliver find out about Thea-Malcolm partnership?
- 'Agents of SHIELD' First Look: Adrianne Palicki as Mockingbird
- Eliza Taylor talks Clarke's outlook as 'The 100' resumes: 'a lot of self-doubt and blame'