It’s official: Gossip Girl star Chace Crawford has been cast in the lead role in the anticipated remake of Footloose, Paramount announced today, confirming news that EW had previously reported. The role recently became available when Zac Efron bowed out. Footloose will be directed by High School Musical maestro Kenny Ortega. Paramount still hasn’t signed its female lead, though sources tell EW that several actresses — such as Hayden Panettiere and Julianne Hough — have been under consideration. (Reporting by Nicole Sperling)
'Footloose': Chace Crawford confirmed for lead role
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'Freakin' Whack-a-Mole' surprises
- 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 'Modern Family' Halloween: Welcome to AwesomeLand
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features