Sean Penn is in talks to star in Italian director Paolo Sorrentino’s English-language debut, This Must Be the Place. Variety says Penn’s character, a rich middle-aged rock star, attempts to find the ex-Nazi war criminal who executed his father. The film would be shot after Penn’s previous commitments: The Three Stooges, Cartel, and Fair Game.
May 18 2009 09:53 AM ET
Sean Penn in talks to play middle-aged rocker
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Amanda Bynes arrested in N.Y.