In the upcoming June issue of Essence, Jennifer Hudson opens up about her late mother Darnell Donerson, People.com reports. Hudson recalls she was her "mamma’s baby" and "I’d go and sleep in her bed until I was 15 years old." Hudson’s fiance, David Otunga, admits that she has been reluctant to talk to the media about Donerson (who, along with Hudson’s brother and nephew were murdered in October of 2008) stating, "We don’t talk about it." Hudson also recently talked with EW about her life and career.
Jennifer Hudson opens up about her late mother
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'Bleeding Through'
- 'Good Wife' recap: 'All Tapped Out'
- 'Game of Thrones': Aidan Gillen says...
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Dick Van Dyke Show' finale: 'we were doing a classic'
- 'The Cripple of Inishmaan': EW stage review
- 'Salem' series premiere: Our take...and yours?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: Slaves to Love
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: The Heart of the Matter
- 'Game of Thrones' Aidan Gillen on the return of Littlefinger
- TV Jukebox: 'Game of Thrones,' 'Scandal,' 'Mad Men,' and more of the week's best music-on-TV moments
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance