AP is reporting that Mickey Carroll, one of the last surviving cast members who portrayed Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz, died today at his home in Missouri. He was 89. Carroll was among the more than 100 adults and children recruited to the play Munchkins in the 1939 classic. He appeared in the role of "Town Crier," as well as playing a fiddler and a soldier. Aside from Oz, Carroll also performed in vaudeville and radio shows and did voice-over work. In 2007, he, along with six of the other remaining Munchkins, received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
'Wizard of Oz' Munchkin Mickey Carroll dies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' takes its final ride: See new EW cover
- 'Sons of Anarchy'; 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; 'New Girl'; 'Utopia': Tuesday TV recaps
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast go inside 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- 'Bones' sneak peek: The team vows to avenge Sweets
- Ben Affleck teases Jon Stewart: 'Rosewater' or 'Argo Jr.'?
- Tricia Helfer in Syfy's space thriller 'Ascension': First trailer
- 'Person of Interest' shows off the new secret HQ: Take the tour
Top 5 Most Read
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- First trailer for Syfy's space thriller 'Ascension' starring Tricia Helfer
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Poor Little Lambs'