AP is reporting that Mickey Carroll, one of the last surviving cast members who portrayed Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz, died today at his home in Missouri. He was 89. Carroll was among the more than 100 adults and children recruited to the play Munchkins in the 1939 classic. He appeared in the role of "Town Crier," as well as playing a fiddler and a soldier. Aside from Oz, Carroll also performed in vaudeville and radio shows and did voice-over work. In 2007, he, along with six of the other remaining Munchkins, received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
'Wizard of Oz' Munchkin Mickey Carroll dies
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC 'effective immediately'
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- J.K Rowling writes new Dolores Umbridge story
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Forever' sneak peek: Henry and Jo mix classy and sassy
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Grey's Anatomy; 'Scandal'; more TV recaps
- 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; 'Parenthood'; 'Gracepoint'; more TV recaps
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- The 17 most important GIFs from the 'Avengers 2' trailer