AP is reporting that Mickey Carroll, one of the last surviving cast members who portrayed Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz, died today at his home in Missouri. He was 89. Carroll was among the more than 100 adults and children recruited to the play Munchkins in the 1939 classic. He appeared in the role of "Town Crier," as well as playing a fiddler and a soldier. Aside from Oz, Carroll also performed in vaudeville and radio shows and did voice-over work. In 2007, he, along with six of the other remaining Munchkins, received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
'Wizard of Oz' Munchkin Mickey Carroll dies
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: What we saw
- Marvel adds a new piece to its teaser art puzzle: 'Inhumans: Attilan Rising'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 1'
- 'Survivor' recap: Resetting the game
- 'Nashville'; 'Arrow'; 'Top Chef'; 'The 100'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Disney animated films: Best/worst