AP is reporting that Mickey Carroll, one of the last surviving cast members who portrayed Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz, died today at his home in Missouri. He was 89. Carroll was among the more than 100 adults and children recruited to the play Munchkins in the 1939 classic. He appeared in the role of "Town Crier," as well as playing a fiddler and a soldier. Aside from Oz, Carroll also performed in vaudeville and radio shows and did voice-over work. In 2007, he, along with six of the other remaining Munchkins, received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
'Wizard of Oz' Munchkin Mickey Carroll dies
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Vampire Diaries' teaser: Let's see how everyone's doing without Damon
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Frank Miller wrote that: 13 tell-tale signs
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- 'Mythbusters' minus three: Tory Belleci, Kari Byron, Grant Imahara tweet goodbyes
Top 5 Most Read
- Elena has a drug problem in 'Vampire Diaries' season 6 promo
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- New ABC special dares to rank all-time best 'Schoolhouse Rock' songs
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'