AP is reporting that Mickey Carroll, one of the last surviving cast members who portrayed Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz, died today at his home in Missouri. He was 89. Carroll was among the more than 100 adults and children recruited to the play Munchkins in the 1939 classic. He appeared in the role of "Town Crier," as well as playing a fiddler and a soldier. Aside from Oz, Carroll also performed in vaudeville and radio shows and did voice-over work. In 2007, he, along with six of the other remaining Munchkins, received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
'Wizard of Oz' Munchkin Mickey Carroll dies
- Super Bowl ads of 2015: Watch the early arrivals here
- 'Vampire Diaries' date night? Watch Damon ask Elena out in sneak peek
- 'Empire' is on fire, but should we be sweating burn-out?
- 'Party Down South' season 3 peek: Meet Hannah, the new hell-raiser
- 'Parenthood': 10 best episodes
- 'Game of Thrones' creators watching the show in IMAX: Why it's 'the way it's really meant to be seen'
- 'Walking Dead': Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita super-intense in new photos
- 'Bachelor' seminar: Prof. Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' response to Britt
Top 5 Most Read
- Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' speech from 'The Bachelor'
- Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita look super-intense in new 'Walking Dead' photos -- exclusive
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
- 'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'It's messy'