AP is reporting that Mickey Carroll, one of the last surviving cast members who portrayed Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz, died today at his home in Missouri. He was 89. Carroll was among the more than 100 adults and children recruited to the play Munchkins in the 1939 classic. He appeared in the role of "Town Crier," as well as playing a fiddler and a soldier. Aside from Oz, Carroll also performed in vaudeville and radio shows and did voice-over work. In 2007, he, along with six of the other remaining Munchkins, received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
'Wizard of Oz' Munchkin Mickey Carroll dies
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence and others' nude pics hacked?
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': 100 things that happened (maybe?)
- 'Bachelor in Paradise'; 'Under the Dome' recaps
- 'Houdini' react: Spymaster of illusion?
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies