A former publicist of Michael Jackson has sued the King of Pop for $44 million, claiming the entertainer never paid her, Reuters reports. Raymone Bain represented Jackson around the time of his 2005 trial for child sexual abuse, which ended when the singer was acquitted. Bain was also made general manager of the Michael Jackson Company, overseeing the performer’s business affairs, in 2006. She is the latest of several former Jackson advisers and partners who have sued the singer recently; most of the previous cases have been settled out of court. Jackson’s current representative didn’t return calls for comment.
May 7 2009 12:14 AM ET
Michael Jackson sued by former publicist for $44 million
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Billboard Music Awards: 2013 winners are...
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $1.1B: Report
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Game of Thrones': Compatible couples?
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 409
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 353
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 505