A former publicist of Michael Jackson has sued the King of Pop for $44 million, claiming the entertainer never paid her, Reuters reports. Raymone Bain represented Jackson around the time of his 2005 trial for child sexual abuse, which ended when the singer was acquitted. Bain was also made general manager of the Michael Jackson Company, overseeing the performer’s business affairs, in 2006. She is the latest of several former Jackson advisers and partners who have sued the singer recently; most of the previous cases have been settled out of court. Jackson’s current representative didn’t return calls for comment.
May 7 2009 12:14 AM ET
Michael Jackson sued by former publicist for $44 million
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!
- Jimmy Kimmel: Not the 'Nude Bea' buyer
- 'Fast & Furious': 5 films in 1 day?!