On her continued media tour about her weight gain, former Cheers star Kristie Alley told Peoplethat she gained 83 pounds over the past two years after parting wayswith the Jenny Craig weight-loss company and banishing her guyequipment to her garage. When she checked her weight for the first timein 15 months, she reveals, it wasn’t a pretty scene. "I startedscreaming," Alley recalls to People. "It said 228lbs., which is my highest weight ever. I was so much more disgustingthan I thought!"Currently, Alley plans to hire a trainer, cut out the butter in her diet,and sign up for a triathlon to get her body back to 140 lbs. Alley appeared on Oprah last week and talked about her weight loss. You can follow along on Alley’s weight-loss progress as she Twitters about the experience.
May 7 2009 12:00 PM ET
Kristie Alley reveals further details about weight gain
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Doctor Who' season end: Hi, my name is...
- 'Anchorman 2': Official teaser trailer
- 'SNL': Costumes of the year!
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?