Ben Stiller and Reese Witherspoon could help Fox reboot plans for sci-fi comedy ‘Used Guys,’ according to The Hollywood Reporter. The earlier version would have starred Stiller and Jim Carrey as men in a future dominated by women, who clone and trade men. The new incarnation, which could be directed by Little Miss Sunshine‘s Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, will focus more on Witherspoon as a clone owner and Stiller as a clone. The original was to be directed by Jay Roach and co-star Emily Mortimer, with a June 2007 release date, but Fox deemed its $112 million budget too costly.
Ben Stiller, Reese Witherspoon could revive 'Used Guys'
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast, Movies, at SAG Awards; see full list of honorees
- 'Orange Is the New Black,' 'Downton Abbey' casts win SAG Awards; see all TV winners
- Miss Universe 2015: 10 out of this world moments
- SAG Awards 2015: 10 favorite speeches
- SAG Awards 2015: Red carpet arrivals
- EW's SAG Awards Party 2015: What the stars wore
- 'Downton Abbey'; 'SNL'; 'Galavant'; 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' recaps
- 'Revenge'; 'Girls'; 'Togetherness'; 'Looking' recaps