Ben Stiller and Reese Witherspoon could help Fox reboot plans for sci-fi comedy ‘Used Guys,’ according to The Hollywood Reporter. The earlier version would have starred Stiller and Jim Carrey as men in a future dominated by women, who clone and trade men. The new incarnation, which could be directed by Little Miss Sunshine‘s Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, will focus more on Witherspoon as a clone owner and Stiller as a clone. The original was to be directed by Jay Roach and co-star Emily Mortimer, with a June 2007 release date, but Fox deemed its $112 million budget too costly.
Ben Stiller, Reese Witherspoon could revive 'Used Guys'
- Lena Dunham on 'SNL': It's 'Girls' night in
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 8 TV stars who proved you can go home again
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 5 ideas for Dr. Burke
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Reign': Are the uncensored sex scenes all that different?
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Dr. Burke returns to 'Grey's Anatomy': What will happen?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments -- VIDEO