Ben Stiller and Reese Witherspoon could help Fox reboot plans for sci-fi comedy ‘Used Guys,’ according to The Hollywood Reporter. The earlier version would have starred Stiller and Jim Carrey as men in a future dominated by women, who clone and trade men. The new incarnation, which could be directed by Little Miss Sunshine‘s Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, will focus more on Witherspoon as a clone owner and Stiller as a clone. The original was to be directed by Jay Roach and co-star Emily Mortimer, with a June 2007 release date, but Fox deemed its $112 million budget too costly.
Ben Stiller, Reese Witherspoon could revive 'Used Guys'
- Batman Day: 'character always open to interpretation'
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Jon Stewart: 'Let's Buy CNN' -- with incentives
- 'Downton Abbey' boss: Season 4 'one of the strongest'
- Robert Kirkman talks 'AIR,' Norman Reedus' role in it
- Summer sleepers: 14 unexpected movie hits
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- 'Get On Up': It's Chadwick Boseman's world
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Every 'The Simpsons' episode is going online
- 'Arrow' producer reveals details of season 3's Big Bad and 'Flash' crossover episode
- See Carol, Judith, and Rick of 'The Walking Dead' in new season 5 images