Ben Stiller and Reese Witherspoon could help Fox reboot plans for sci-fi comedy ‘Used Guys,’ according to The Hollywood Reporter. The earlier version would have starred Stiller and Jim Carrey as men in a future dominated by women, who clone and trade men. The new incarnation, which could be directed by Little Miss Sunshine‘s Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, will focus more on Witherspoon as a clone owner and Stiller as a clone. The original was to be directed by Jay Roach and co-star Emily Mortimer, with a June 2007 release date, but Fox deemed its $112 million budget too costly.
Ben Stiller, Reese Witherspoon could revive 'Used Guys'
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'The Maze Runner' review: Something W.C.K.D. this way comes
- Janet Jackson's 'Rhythm Nation 1814' at 25: The blueprint for modern R&B's golden age
- 'Super Smash Bros.': The best/worst thing ever to happen to Nintendo
- Salma Hayek in 'Everly': Director Joe Lynch on making 'Die Hard'-in-a-room
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- Fall TV 2014: EW critics pick 6 new series to watch