NBC won nine awards at Monday night’s Sports Emmys ceremony, which was held at Lincoln Center in New York, Variety reports. Four of NBC’s statues were for the network’s coverage of the Beijing Olympics, with Bob Costas winning best sports host and Cris Collinsworth being named best sports analyst. HBO came in second place with eight Emmys, while Fox and CBS received five awards each. The Sports Emmys are presented by the New York-based National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
Apr 28 2009 09:13 PM ET
NBC's Olympics coverage triumphs at Sports Emmys
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!