According to the Associated Press, Indian police have called off their investigation into allegations that Rafiq Qureshi, father of eight-year-old Slumdog Millionaire cast member Rubina Ali, attempted to sell his daughter. Earlier this week, News of the World reported that Qureshi had offered up his daughter to a trio of foreign journalists for $400,000. But when the police failed to turn up any witnesses to corroborate the story, they dropped the case, saying, "There is not any crime. No money changed hands. Rubina is here." News of the World issued a statement saying the paper stands by its story.
Police drop investigation into alleged 'Slumdog' child-trafficking case
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'Walking Dead' cast reveals how they'd like their characters to die
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Big Brother'; 'Project Runway': TV recaps
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead': New EW character portraits
- 'Walking Dead' season 5: First Look photos
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Sheldon's train took him to...