According to the Associated Press, Indian police have called off their investigation into allegations that Rafiq Qureshi, father of eight-year-old Slumdog Millionaire cast member Rubina Ali, attempted to sell his daughter. Earlier this week, News of the World reported that Qureshi had offered up his daughter to a trio of foreign journalists for $400,000. But when the police failed to turn up any witnesses to corroborate the story, they dropped the case, saying, "There is not any crime. No money changed hands. Rubina is here." News of the World issued a statement saying the paper stands by its story.
Police drop investigation into alleged 'Slumdog' child-trafficking case
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Cameron Diaz, Bruno Mars, and Mark Ronson?
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': A movie, or just an extended prologue for the movie yet to come?
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Hell on Wheels' star Anson Mount on sage advice from Jon Hamm, 'Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror' hell
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
- Beyonce presents no-frills/no-pants video for new song '7/11'
Top 5 Most Read
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Natalie Dormer advocates for more male nudity on 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Mockingjay -- Part 1': The 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- Tina Fey's NBC comedy moving to Netflix
- Cher cancels rest of 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates due to infection