According to the Associated Press, Indian police have called off their investigation into allegations that Rafiq Qureshi, father of eight-year-old Slumdog Millionaire cast member Rubina Ali, attempted to sell his daughter. Earlier this week, News of the World reported that Qureshi had offered up his daughter to a trio of foreign journalists for $400,000. But when the police failed to turn up any witnesses to corroborate the story, they dropped the case, saying, "There is not any crime. No money changed hands. Rubina is here." News of the World issued a statement saying the paper stands by its story.
Police drop investigation into alleged 'Slumdog' child-trafficking case
- Lea Michele to guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Comic-Con '14: Eye on day 3 panels
- Comic-Con '14: Celebs make the rounds, day 3
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies': New teaser
- 'True Blood' postmortem: Inside the twists of 'Karma'
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': First teaser trailer