According to the Associated Press, Indian police have called off their investigation into allegations that Rafiq Qureshi, father of eight-year-old Slumdog Millionaire cast member Rubina Ali, attempted to sell his daughter. Earlier this week, News of the World reported that Qureshi had offered up his daughter to a trio of foreign journalists for $400,000. But when the police failed to turn up any witnesses to corroborate the story, they dropped the case, saying, "There is not any crime. No money changed hands. Rubina is here." News of the World issued a statement saying the paper stands by its story.
Police drop investigation into alleged 'Slumdog' child-trafficking case
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'American Idol' recap: Alabama shaky
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Go It Alone'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- 'Parenthood' react: 'The Pontiac'
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Resident Evil'
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch the gripping first three minutes before Tribeca -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: We're All In This Alone
- 'Scandal' finale: Talk about it! -- UPDATED