According to the Associated Press, Indian police have called off their investigation into allegations that Rafiq Qureshi, father of eight-year-old Slumdog Millionaire cast member Rubina Ali, attempted to sell his daughter. Earlier this week, News of the World reported that Qureshi had offered up his daughter to a trio of foreign journalists for $400,000. But when the police failed to turn up any witnesses to corroborate the story, they dropped the case, saying, "There is not any crime. No money changed hands. Rubina is here." News of the World issued a statement saying the paper stands by its story.
Police drop investigation into alleged 'Slumdog' child-trafficking case
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And the mirrorball goes to...
- 'The Flash'; 'Supernatural'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; more TV recaps
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson breaks silence in ABC News interview
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- Black Friday preview: Where to find deals on Blu-ray, books, videogames
- Jim Parsons gets a read on 1922 play 'Merton of the Movies': 'a very visceral link to the past'
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'