Viacom’s Black Entertainment Television (BET) network announced that it will be launching a new cable channel, Centric, in the fourth quarter of 2009, according to the Los Angeles Times. Centric, which will premiere in approximately 45 million homes, will seek to attract a middle-aged African American audience. BET will likely have to cancel its jazz channel, BET J, in order to make way for Centric.
Apr 23 2009 11:36 PM ET
BET to launch new cable channel in late 2009
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Amanda Bynes arrested in N.Y.
- CCH Pounder gets 'Sons of Anarchy' gig
- 'Arrested Development': It's almost here!
- 'Orphan Black': Watch start of next episode