Scientist and author Stephen Hawking (A Brief History of Time), 67, has been admitted to a hospital near Cambridge University in England, where he is a professor. The reason for treatment has not been made public, but Hawking has battled Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (better known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease or ALS) for over 40 years. "Professor Hawking is being kept in for observation at Addenbrooke’shospital this morning," reads a post on Hawking’s official website. "He is comfortable and his family is lookingforward to him making a full recovery"
Apr 21 2009 09:55 AM ET
Stephen Hawking hospitalized in England
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Amanda Bynes: 'Don't believe any reports'
- 'Fast & Furious 6': Sung Kang says...
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!