Looks like Rod Blagojevich’s reality-series dreams have ended before they began. The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that a federal judge ruled today that the ex-Illinois governor cannot go to Costa Rica to film NBC’s I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, because the judge cannot be sure that Blagojevich will comply with the terms of his bail. "It’s way too soon. I don’t think this defendant in all honesty…fully understands the position he finds himself in," said U.S. District Judge James Zagel. (Blagojevich has pled not guilty to 17 charges including racketeering and extortion.) According to a defense motion, he could have made $123,000 if he’d appeared on the show. NBC issued a statement saying, "NBC isdisappointed in the court’s decision today regarding Rod Blagojevich’sparticipation on I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, but excited about thecasting announcement for the show this Friday. There are no plans to move the show to a location in the UnitedStates."
Rod Blagojevich can't join 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' judge says
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
Top 5 Most Read
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- 'The Amazing Race' season finale recap: 'All of Nothing'
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer