Looks like Rod Blagojevich’s reality-series dreams have ended before they began. The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that a federal judge ruled today that the ex-Illinois governor cannot go to Costa Rica to film NBC’s I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, because the judge cannot be sure that Blagojevich will comply with the terms of his bail. "It’s way too soon. I don’t think this defendant in all honesty…fully understands the position he finds himself in," said U.S. District Judge James Zagel. (Blagojevich has pled not guilty to 17 charges including racketeering and extortion.) According to a defense motion, he could have made $123,000 if he’d appeared on the show. NBC issued a statement saying, "NBC isdisappointed in the court’s decision today regarding Rod Blagojevich’sparticipation on I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, but excited about thecasting announcement for the show this Friday. There are no plans to move the show to a location in the UnitedStates."
Rod Blagojevich can't join 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' judge says
- Fox yanks 'Utopia' from Tuesday schedule
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- Maleficent admirers pay tribute on 'Sleeping Beauty' Blu-ray: Sneak peek
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- Sarah Silverman's 'SNL' promos: Who's ready for a 'Table Girl' sketch?
- 'Parenthood' sneak peek: Julia and Joel 'have to talk about us'
- J.K. Simmons toys with Miles Teller in 'Whiplash' scene
- 'Interstellar' trailer takes Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway to a waterworld
Top 5 Most Read
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast talk 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Poor Little Lambs'