Looks like Rod Blagojevich’s reality-series dreams have ended before they began. The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that a federal judge ruled today that the ex-Illinois governor cannot go to Costa Rica to film NBC’s I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, because the judge cannot be sure that Blagojevich will comply with the terms of his bail. "It’s way too soon. I don’t think this defendant in all honesty…fully understands the position he finds himself in," said U.S. District Judge James Zagel. (Blagojevich has pled not guilty to 17 charges including racketeering and extortion.) According to a defense motion, he could have made $123,000 if he’d appeared on the show. NBC issued a statement saying, "NBC isdisappointed in the court’s decision today regarding Rod Blagojevich’sparticipation on I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, but excited about thecasting announcement for the show this Friday. There are no plans to move the show to a location in the UnitedStates."
Rod Blagojevich can't join 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' judge says
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- '24: Live Another Day' teaser: Jack vs. assassin
- 'Walking Dead': Lauren Cohan on Maggie and Glenn
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!