The story of Irish Rocky Mickey Ward and the half-brother, Dicky Eklund, a fellow boxer who kicked a drug habit and served jail time before helping him to the world lightweight championship, is finally coming to the big screen. Mark Wahlberg, long attached to the project, will play Ward, while Christian Bale will play Eklund, Variety reports. David O’Russell (Three Kings, I Heart Huckabees) will direct.
Apr 21 2009 09:55 AM ET
Christian Bale joins Mark Wahlberg in David O. Russell's 'Fighter'
- 'Voice' season 4: And the winner is...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- 'Channing All Over Your Tatum': Kimmel clip
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- Miss USA 2013: Our recap in pictures
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- 'Man of Steel' gets religion?