The story of Irish Rocky Mickey Ward and the half-brother, Dicky Eklund, a fellow boxer who kicked a drug habit and served jail time before helping him to the world lightweight championship, is finally coming to the big screen. Mark Wahlberg, long attached to the project, will play Ward, while Christian Bale will play Eklund, Variety reports. David O’Russell (Three Kings, I Heart Huckabees) will direct.
Apr 21 2009 09:55 AM ET
Christian Bale joins Mark Wahlberg in David O. Russell's 'Fighter'
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- Google Doodle: Teen's 'Best Day Ever'
- Lea Michele's first book in spring 2014
- 'Modern Family': It's a Sunshine State day
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Jennifer Aniston: 'We're the Millers' trailer