Brüno, the upcoming summer comedy starring Sacha Baron Cohen, has received an R rating from the MPAA, Universal Studios announced. Last month, an earlier cut of the film—in which Borat creator Baron Cohen plays a gay Austrian fashion reporter who travels across America—was tagged with a more restrictive NC-17 rating, but upon viewing a new edit of the film, the ratings board gave it an R for "pervasive strong and crude sexual content, graphic nudity and language." Brüno will be released on July 10.
Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Bruno' dodges NC-17 rating
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 'Leftovers': The last straw
- 'True Blood': Anna Paquin's hair is to dye for
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Mad Max' trailer: 'My world is fire and blood'
- 'Ant-Man': Has Peyton Reed heard from Edgar Wright?
- 'Game of Thrones': Epic season 4 blooper reel
- 'Simpsons' season premiere peek: Is Homer a goner?