Brüno, the upcoming summer comedy starring Sacha Baron Cohen, has received an R rating from the MPAA, Universal Studios announced. Last month, an earlier cut of the film—in which Borat creator Baron Cohen plays a gay Austrian fashion reporter who travels across America—was tagged with a more restrictive NC-17 rating, but upon viewing a new edit of the film, the ratings board gave it an R for "pervasive strong and crude sexual content, graphic nudity and language." Brüno will be released on July 10.
Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Bruno' dodges NC-17 rating
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 'Dallas' star Patrick Duffy still has 'Man From Atlantis' eyes, recalls Lynda Carter crush
- Jennifer Garner and Denis Leary in 'Draft Day' scene you didn't see; watch it here
- 'Masters of Sex' costume designer on taking series' style into 1960
- 'Love Prison': Watch episode 1 of A&E's online-daters-on-a-deserted-island series
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies