Maggie Gyllenhaal has signed on for Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang, a sequel to the 2006 film about a Mary Poppins-like governess played by Emma Thompson, reports Variety. Also joining the cast: Maggie Smith, Rhys Ifans (Notting Hill) and Asa Butterfield (The Boy in the Striped Pajamas). Ralph Fiennes is in discussions for an uncredited cameo. Thompson is also exec producing and writing the screenplay, based the Nurse Matilda books by Christianna Brand. The production, to be helmed by first-time feature director Susanna White (Bleak House), is set to start in the summer.
Maggie Gyllenhaal joins 'Nanny McPhee' sequel
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- Kate Hudson shares her favorite 'Overboard' lines
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- 'Arrow': 'We believe in accelerated storytelling'
- 'Vikings' Comic-Con comic book: We've got the cover
- 'Sons of Anarchy' ending: Kurt Sutter says...
- Kacy Catanzaro talks 'Ninja Warrior' whirlwind
- Batman's best stories: 9 that shine
- 'Two and a Half Men' final season to tackle 'gay' adoption 629
- 'Lost cause' 410
- Captain America is black, Thor is a woman, and Iron Man has a new costume: Witness Avengers NOW! 507
- 'Doctor Who': Which episode should newbies check out first? 421
- 'Dating Naked' reveals disappointingly small ratings 285
Top 5 Most Read
- Robert Downey, Jr. tops Forbes' list of highest paid actors once again
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Why 'Rocky IV' is the best fight -- Ever!
- 'Sons of Anarchy' creator says series ending not yet decided
- Kacy Catanzaro would happily hit the 'American Ninja Warrior' obstacle course with Stephen Amell