Maggie Gyllenhaal has signed on for Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang, a sequel to the 2006 film about a Mary Poppins-like governess played by Emma Thompson, reports Variety. Also joining the cast: Maggie Smith, Rhys Ifans (Notting Hill) and Asa Butterfield (The Boy in the Striped Pajamas). Ralph Fiennes is in discussions for an uncredited cameo. Thompson is also exec producing and writing the screenplay, based the Nurse Matilda books by Christianna Brand. The production, to be helmed by first-time feature director Susanna White (Bleak House), is set to start in the summer.
Maggie Gyllenhaal joins 'Nanny McPhee' sequel
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'Mad Men' recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Atlanta 'Housewives' recap: Kenya get your scepter
- 'Good Wife' recap: 'All Tapped Out'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'Bleeding Through'
- 'Game of Thrones': Aidan Gillen says...
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Dick Van Dyke Show' finale: 'we were doing a classic'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: Slaves to Love
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: The Heart of the Matter
- 'Game of Thrones' Aidan Gillen on the return of Littlefinger
- TV Jukebox: 'Game of Thrones,' 'Scandal,' 'Mad Men,' and more of the week's best music-on-TV moments