Maggie Gyllenhaal has signed on for Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang, a sequel to the 2006 film about a Mary Poppins-like governess played by Emma Thompson, reports Variety. Also joining the cast: Maggie Smith, Rhys Ifans (Notting Hill) and Asa Butterfield (The Boy in the Striped Pajamas). Ralph Fiennes is in discussions for an uncredited cameo. Thompson is also exec producing and writing the screenplay, based the Nurse Matilda books by Christianna Brand. The production, to be helmed by first-time feature director Susanna White (Bleak House), is set to start in the summer.
Maggie Gyllenhaal joins 'Nanny McPhee' sequel
- Peter Capaldi, that's 'Who': See the new EW cover
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's live musical
- 'Batman v Superman' Comic-Con preview: Don't look for it online
- 'Walking Dead' cast not tight-lipped about season 5 trailer
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 'New Girl' True American drinking game: The day I gave it a shot...
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'Scream for Me'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- PopWatch Confessional: I tried to play 'New Girl's fake drinking game
- Paramount deletes tweet of Australian 'TMNT' poster amid 9/11 controversy