Maggie Gyllenhaal has signed on for Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang, a sequel to the 2006 film about a Mary Poppins-like governess played by Emma Thompson, reports Variety. Also joining the cast: Maggie Smith, Rhys Ifans (Notting Hill) and Asa Butterfield (The Boy in the Striped Pajamas). Ralph Fiennes is in discussions for an uncredited cameo. Thompson is also exec producing and writing the screenplay, based the Nurse Matilda books by Christianna Brand. The production, to be helmed by first-time feature director Susanna White (Bleak House), is set to start in the summer.
Maggie Gyllenhaal joins 'Nanny McPhee' sequel
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Taylor Swift as an Pegacorn; Katy Perry as a Cheeto; more celeb Halloween costumes
- 'Today'/'GMA' Halloween: Lara Spencer as Prince George; Hoda and Kathie Lee in Wayne's World
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Jane Fonda as Mr. Burns' secret lover in new clip