Maggie Gyllenhaal has signed on for Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang, a sequel to the 2006 film about a Mary Poppins-like governess played by Emma Thompson, reports Variety. Also joining the cast: Maggie Smith, Rhys Ifans (Notting Hill) and Asa Butterfield (The Boy in the Striped Pajamas). Ralph Fiennes is in discussions for an uncredited cameo. Thompson is also exec producing and writing the screenplay, based the Nurse Matilda books by Christianna Brand. The production, to be helmed by first-time feature director Susanna White (Bleak House), is set to start in the summer.
Maggie Gyllenhaal joins 'Nanny McPhee' sequel
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: What we saw
- 'Revenge' sneak peek: Tattoo guy makes David Clarke a marked man
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' First Look: Watch Annalise confront Sam
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the cover art for new Selection novel
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- CMT doubles down on 'Party Down South' with a second edition
- Marvel adds a new piece to its teaser art puzzle: 'Inhumans: Attilan Rising'