Maggie Gyllenhaal has signed on for Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang, a sequel to the 2006 film about a Mary Poppins-like governess played by Emma Thompson, reports Variety. Also joining the cast: Maggie Smith, Rhys Ifans (Notting Hill) and Asa Butterfield (The Boy in the Striped Pajamas). Ralph Fiennes is in discussions for an uncredited cameo. Thompson is also exec producing and writing the screenplay, based the Nurse Matilda books by Christianna Brand. The production, to be helmed by first-time feature director Susanna White (Bleak House), is set to start in the summer.
Maggie Gyllenhaal joins 'Nanny McPhee' sequel
- 'SNL': How'd Jim Carrey do?
- 'Doctor Who'; 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- Bill Murray: 11 personas he's perfected
- 37 'sexy' Halloween costumes?
- Kids and coots: Movies' unlikeliest buddies?
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Comic-book collecting: What draws you to it?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV
Top 5 Most Read
- Jim Carrey hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend -- talk about it here!
- 'Manhattan Love Story' canceled: First axed fall show
- Ewan McGregor has some unkind words for 'Star Wars' 'fans'
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot