Maggie Gyllenhaal has signed on for Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang, a sequel to the 2006 film about a Mary Poppins-like governess played by Emma Thompson, reports Variety. Also joining the cast: Maggie Smith, Rhys Ifans (Notting Hill) and Asa Butterfield (The Boy in the Striped Pajamas). Ralph Fiennes is in discussions for an uncredited cameo. Thompson is also exec producing and writing the screenplay, based the Nurse Matilda books by Christianna Brand. The production, to be helmed by first-time feature director Susanna White (Bleak House), is set to start in the summer.
Maggie Gyllenhaal joins 'Nanny McPhee' sequel
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur': And the winner is...
- 'Survivor' season 30 scoop: Jeff Probst shares new details on 'Worlds Apart'
- 'Ascension' finale: Lost in space, or 'Lost' in space?
- 'The Interview' nixed for Xmas theatrical release by Sony
- 'The Interview' gets the hook; would a 'prestige' film have been pulled just the same?
- 'The 100'; 'Top Chef'; more TV recaps
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': 10 things Andy Serkis can say now
- Peter Jackson and 'The Hobbit': Three-peating himself--until one shining moment at the end?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' finale: And the winner is...
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Jeff Probst gives exclusive intel on NEXT season
- Jenny Slate sings Fleetwood Mac's 'Landslide' as Marcel the Shell
- Aaron Sorkin, Steve Carell, and more react to Sony canceling 'The Interview'
- Steve Carell North Korea-set movie dropped