A new Spike TV pilot will document the U.S. Navy’s efforts to combat pirates — like those making news in the five-day standoff that culminated in Sunday’s rescue of American sea captain Richard Phillips — Variety reports. Pirate Hunters: USN, from 44 Blue Prods. (The True Story of Black Hawk Down), will focus on anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden, where Phillips was taken captive by a band of Somalians. The producers will have cameras aboard warships the USS Boxer, which was on the scene for this week’s standoff, and the USS San Antonio.
Navy 'Pirate Hunters' docu-series greenlit by Spike TV
- 'Once Upon a Time': Jennifer Morrison on Emma in Oz
- '12 Years' writer John Ridley on buzz over Oscar speech
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'Amazing Race': Phil Keoghan's Malaysia photos
- Seth MacFarlane: Inside the new 'Cosmos' ship
- 'Bachelor': Juan Pablo, we've seen this move before...
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- 'Cosmos' then and now: The 'personal voyage' of Carl Sagan,…