A new Spike TV pilot will document the U.S. Navy’s efforts to combat pirates — like those making news in the five-day standoff that culminated in Sunday’s rescue of American sea captain Richard Phillips — Variety reports. Pirate Hunters: USN, from 44 Blue Prods. (The True Story of Black Hawk Down), will focus on anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden, where Phillips was taken captive by a band of Somalians. The producers will have cameras aboard warships the USS Boxer, which was on the scene for this week’s standoff, and the USS San Antonio.
Navy 'Pirate Hunters' docu-series greenlit by Spike TV
- 'Survivor' season finale recap: The right one won
- Lily Rabe talks return to 'American Horror Story': 'One of the great, great joys I have'
- 'Survivor' season 30 scoop: Jeff Probst shares new details on 'Worlds Apart'
- 'Ascension' finale: Lost in space, or 'Lost' in space?
- 'The Interview' gets the hook; would a 'prestige' film have been pulled just the same?
- 'The 100'; 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'; 'Top Chef'; more TV recaps
- Jenny Slate sings Fleetwood Mac as Marcel the Shell for 'Conan'
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': 10 things Andy Serkis can say now
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' finale: And the winner is...
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Jeff Probst gives exclusive intel on NEXT season
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst reacts to the winner, Reed's harsh comments, and the entire season
- 'Survivor' season finale recap: The Right Person Won
- 'Ascension' finale review: Lost in space, or 'Lost' in space?