A new Spike TV pilot will document the U.S. Navy’s efforts to combat pirates — like those making news in the five-day standoff that culminated in Sunday’s rescue of American sea captain Richard Phillips — Variety reports. Pirate Hunters: USN, from 44 Blue Prods. (The True Story of Black Hawk Down), will focus on anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden, where Phillips was taken captive by a band of Somalians. The producers will have cameras aboard warships the USS Boxer, which was on the scene for this week’s standoff, and the USS San Antonio.
Navy 'Pirate Hunters' docu-series greenlit by Spike TV
- EW TV Recap Video: 'Survivor,' 'Mod Fam,' 'Coven'
- 'Flash' arrival boosts 'Arrow' ratings
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' trailer: Meet the villains
- Ryan Murphy 'AHS: Coven' reveal: More Stevie Nicks!
- Carrie Underwood talks 'Sound of Music'
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- 'Orphan Black' season 2: First photo
- Ron Burgundy addresses Emerson College
Top 5 Most Read
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'American Horror Story' recap: Kill Fiona
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst on that CRAZY tribal council