NBC’s aggressive marketing push for the new cop series Southland became front page news, so to speak, when the Los Angeles Times ran a fake article (clearly identified as paid content by an NBC logo and a different typeface) next to its lead stories today, reports TVWeek. The item, headlined "Southland’s Rookie Hero," offers readers a ride-along withnew LAPD officer Ben Sherman (played on the show by The OC‘s Ben McKenzie). Southland, produced by ER‘s John Wells, premieres tonight at 10pm.
Apr 9 2009 09:55 AM ET
L.A. Times puts NBC's 'Southland' on front page
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Amanda Bynes: 'Don't believe any reports'
- 'Fast & Furious 6': Sung Kang says...
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!