The Daytime Emmys are heading to the CW this August, according to Variety. The National Academy of TV Arts and Sciences announced today that the awards telecast will take place on Sunday, Aug. 30, at Los Angeles’ Orpheum Theatre. This year’s broadcast will be the first time in the event’s 36-year history that the Daytime Emmys will unspool on a network other than ABC, NBC, or CBS. CBS had the option to air the show this year, but passed. Last year, the Daytime Emmys posted its lowest-ever rating, attracting 5.4 million viewers. Nominations for this year’s awards are set to be announced on May 14 on NBC during the fourth hour of the Today show.
Apr 7 2009 07:15 PM ET
Daytime Emmys move to the CW in August
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- Vampire Weekend tops album chart
- 'Twilight' tops Teen Choice Awards noms
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Jennifer Aniston: 'We're the Millers' trailer
- 'Only God Forgives': Cannes review
- Cassadee Pope: Hear her new single