Just a week after making a deal with Disney to license short-form content, YouTube is now in negotiations with Sony Pictures to license the studio’s films, including blockbusters like Spider-Man, according to CNET News. The deal would allow YouTube to stream some of Sony’s full-length content on its site. It would let YouTube compete more directly with sites like Hulu, which already offer visitors entertainment content from major studios.
Apr 6 2009 09:08 PM ET
YouTube in talks with Sony Pictures to stream feature films
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'Modern Family': It's a Sunshine State day
- 'Twilight' tops Teen Choice Awards noms
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Jennifer Aniston: 'We're the Millers' trailer
- Robert Redford in 'All Is Lost' at Cannes
- Cassadee Pope: Hear her new single