Alex Da Silva, a Brazilian-born salsa dancer who has choreographed several numbers for Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, was taken into police custody in L.A. Saturday for allegedly sexually assaulting four of his female students. The charge stems from four separate incidents: The choreographer was accused of sexual assault in 2003, 2004 and 2005, but prosecutors at the time opted not to file charges. But on March 28, police re-examined the previous accusations after another woman accused Da Silva of luring her into his home and raping her. ("These four women don’t know each other at all, yet their reports read basically the same," said one of the detectives on the case.) Da Silva is currently being held on $3.8 million bail, and will appear in court Tuesday.
Apr 5 2009 02:53 PM ET
'So You Think You Can Dance' choreographer accused of rape
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!
- Jimmy Kimmel: Not the 'Nude Bea' buyer
- 'Fast & Furious': 5 films in 1 day?!
- TV music: Our wishlist (and yours?)