Alex Da Silva, a Brazilian-born salsa dancer who has choreographed several numbers for Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, was taken into police custody in L.A. Saturday for allegedly sexually assaulting four of his female students. The charge stems from four separate incidents: The choreographer was accused of sexual assault in 2003, 2004 and 2005, but prosecutors at the time opted not to file charges. But on March 28, police re-examined the previous accusations after another woman accused Da Silva of luring her into his home and raping her. ("These four women don’t know each other at all, yet their reports read basically the same," said one of the detectives on the case.) Da Silva is currently being held on $3.8 million bail, and will appear in court Tuesday.
'So You Think You Can Dance' choreographer accused of rape
- 'August: Osage County': First Look at new trailer
- Patton Oswalt vs. Lean Cuisine: Get a taste!
- 'HitRECord on TV' trailer: First Look
- Benedict Cumberbatch + R. Kelly: Late-night 'Genius'
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' trailer: Meet the villains
- Kanye = Liberace?: Aisha Tyler's late-night bite
- Ryan Murphy 'AHS: Coven' reveal: More Stevie Nicks!
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
Top 5 Most Read
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Take a peek at dress rehearsal -- PHOTOS
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst on that CRAZY tribal council
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE