Alex Da Silva, a Brazilian-born salsa dancer who has choreographed several numbers for Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, was taken into police custody in L.A. Saturday for allegedly sexually assaulting four of his female students. The charge stems from four separate incidents: The choreographer was accused of sexual assault in 2003, 2004 and 2005, but prosecutors at the time opted not to file charges. But on March 28, police re-examined the previous accusations after another woman accused Da Silva of luring her into his home and raping her. ("These four women don’t know each other at all, yet their reports read basically the same," said one of the detectives on the case.) Da Silva is currently being held on $3.8 million bail, and will appear in court Tuesday.
'So You Think You Can Dance' choreographer accused of rape
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO