Alex Da Silva, a Brazilian-born salsa dancer who has choreographed several numbers for Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, was taken into police custody in L.A. Saturday for allegedly sexually assaulting four of his female students. The charge stems from four separate incidents: The choreographer was accused of sexual assault in 2003, 2004 and 2005, but prosecutors at the time opted not to file charges. But on March 28, police re-examined the previous accusations after another woman accused Da Silva of luring her into his home and raping her. ("These four women don’t know each other at all, yet their reports read basically the same," said one of the detectives on the case.) Da Silva is currently being held on $3.8 million bail, and will appear in court Tuesday.
'So You Think You Can Dance' choreographer accused of rape
- 'Bachelor' finale: Talk about Juan Pablo's choice!
- 'How I Met Your Mother' recap: 'Daisy'
- 'Dallas' recap: 'Playing Chicken'
- 'Saving Mr. Banks': A key scene we didn't see
- Cristin Milioti: 'HIMYM' buzz on Mother's fate 'crazy'
- 'Simpsons': Inside Sunday's Marcia Wallace tribute
- 'True Detective' creator Nic Pizzolatto talks finale
- 'True Detective' season 1 finale: Our verdict
Top 5 Most Read
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- 'True Detective' finale review: Truth, justice, and the satisfying…
- New 'Game of Thrones' trailer: 'Do you know what they did to my brother? And my mother?' -- VIDEO
- '24: Live Another Day': Jack Bauer warns of a 'world war' -- VIDEO
- Justin Bieber winks, refuses to talk Selena Gomez in deposition -- VIDEO