Alex Da Silva, a Brazilian-born salsa dancer who has choreographed several numbers for Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, was taken into police custody in L.A. Saturday for allegedly sexually assaulting four of his female students. The charge stems from four separate incidents: The choreographer was accused of sexual assault in 2003, 2004 and 2005, but prosecutors at the time opted not to file charges. But on March 28, police re-examined the previous accusations after another woman accused Da Silva of luring her into his home and raping her. ("These four women don’t know each other at all, yet their reports read basically the same," said one of the detectives on the case.) Da Silva is currently being held on $3.8 million bail, and will appear in court Tuesday.
'So You Think You Can Dance' choreographer accused of rape
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'Bleeding Through'
- 'Game of Thrones': Aidan Gillen says...
- 'Dick Van Dyke Show' finale: 'we were doing a classic'
- 'The Cripple of Inishmaan': EW stage review
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Salem' series premiere: Our take...and yours?
- 'Turn' react: 'Of Cabbage and Kings'
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]
- Box office report: 'Captain America' crosses $200 million in its third week
- Fox executive fired over Flight 370 charity email