Alex Da Silva, a Brazilian-born salsa dancer who has choreographed several numbers for Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, was taken into police custody in L.A. Saturday for allegedly sexually assaulting four of his female students. The charge stems from four separate incidents: The choreographer was accused of sexual assault in 2003, 2004 and 2005, but prosecutors at the time opted not to file charges. But on March 28, police re-examined the previous accusations after another woman accused Da Silva of luring her into his home and raping her. ("These four women don’t know each other at all, yet their reports read basically the same," said one of the detectives on the case.) Da Silva is currently being held on $3.8 million bail, and will appear in court Tuesday.
'So You Think You Can Dance' choreographer accused of rape
- 'Dating Naked: The Wedding': Naked body painting, naked drum circle, and more we saw
- 'Bones' First Look clip: Booth's in the jailhouse now
- Caleb on 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' photos: Half-sis clues Meredith can't miss?
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- Oscar buzz: Sizing up the contenders after Toronto
- Ernie Hudson tells us 'Ghostbusters' stories at key NYC locations
- 'Disney Infinity 2.0': Marvel at the expanded possibilities now in play
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Grey's Anatomy' cast poses as 'Orange Is the New Black' characters
- Insiders predict which new shows will be hits (and flops)
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen on 'shocked, embarrassed, confused' Caleb
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites