Alex Da Silva, a Brazilian-born salsa dancer who has choreographed several numbers for Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, was taken into police custody in L.A. Saturday for allegedly sexually assaulting four of his female students. The charge stems from four separate incidents: The choreographer was accused of sexual assault in 2003, 2004 and 2005, but prosecutors at the time opted not to file charges. But on March 28, police re-examined the previous accusations after another woman accused Da Silva of luring her into his home and raping her. ("These four women don’t know each other at all, yet their reports read basically the same," said one of the detectives on the case.) Da Silva is currently being held on $3.8 million bail, and will appear in court Tuesday.
'So You Think You Can Dance' choreographer accused of rape
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'SNL' adds Leslie Jones as cast member
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'Gotham'; 'Originals'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Elena and Stefan are southbound?
- Taylor Swift's 'Welcome to New York' arrives