Alex Da Silva, a Brazilian-born salsa dancer who has choreographed several numbers for Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, was taken into police custody in L.A. Saturday for allegedly sexually assaulting four of his female students. The charge stems from four separate incidents: The choreographer was accused of sexual assault in 2003, 2004 and 2005, but prosecutors at the time opted not to file charges. But on March 28, police re-examined the previous accusations after another woman accused Da Silva of luring her into his home and raping her. ("These four women don’t know each other at all, yet their reports read basically the same," said one of the detectives on the case.) Da Silva is currently being held on $3.8 million bail, and will appear in court Tuesday.
'So You Think You Can Dance' choreographer accused of rape
- 'Ant-Man' Comic-Con poster: First Look
- 'Suits': Rick Hoffman talks Louis' dangerous moves
- Comic-Con 2014: Doc Jensen's picks
- 'Arrow' First Look: Colton Haynes as Arsenal
- Comic-Con '14: 8 buzzworthy TV panels
- Comic-Con '14: 10 hot movies in San Diego
- 'Once Upon a Time': 'Storybrooke has frozen over'
- Comic-Con '14: Spotlight on comics/videogames
Top 5 Most Read
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Every 'The Simpsons' episode is going online
- See Carol, Judith, and Rick of 'The Walking Dead' in new season 5 images
- See Colton Haynes as Arsenal in 'Arrow' season 3