A "tweet" may have saved a Demi Moore fan’s life, CNN reported today. The actress, whose Twitter blog has some 380,000 fans, received an online threat from a woman who said she was "getting a knife, a big one that is sharp. Going to cut my arm down the whole arm so it doesn’t waste time." Moore responded to the grim statement with the comment "Hope you are joking." The unnamed 48-year-old woman’s suicide threat was traced to a San Jose, Calif., home, where she was taken into custody for a 72-hour psychiatric evaluation. Moore, who was in southern France where husband Ashton Kutcher is shooting the crime drama Five Killers, later informed her Twitter followers that the San Jose police were in control of the situation, and that she was "very torn about responding or retweeting that woman’s post but felt uncomfortable just letting it go."
Demi Moore uses Twitter to help prevent fan's suicide
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Godzilla' promo: See the monster roar
- 'Orphan Black' recap: Only the Clonely
- 'Orphan Black' showrunners on THAT return...
- 'Orphan Black' shocker: Tatiana Maslany says...
- Acts of God: 12 TV/movie Jesuses
- 20 big-time pop culture bunnies
- 20 'high-rated' stoner flicks
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Mara Wilson has 'no interest' in 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes