He’s best known for Abbey Road, but the late George Harrison is headed for the Hollywood Walk of Fame, according to a report by AFP. The Beatle, who died of cancer in 2001 at age 58, will have a star ensconced on the world-famous sidewalk in a ceremony on April 14. The guitarist was also a noted songwriter, penning the Beatles’ hits "Here Comes the Sun" and "Something," and enjoying a career resurgence in 1988 with his last No. 1 hit, "Got My Mind Set on You."
Apr 3 2009 11:49 PM ET
The Beatles' George Harrison to get posthumous Hollywood Walk of Fame star
- 'American Idol': Lowest-rated finale ever
- 'Office' ratings surge for series finale
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- Grand Canyon tightrope walk on TV in June
- 'Big Bang Theory': Big finale for Raj
- 'Ugly Betty' meets her 'Romeo'?
- Music on TV: What's THAT finale song?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Post-'Grad' plans?