NBC announced its new cooking reality competition The Chopping Block will be pulled from the schedule, effective immediately, according to Variety. The series debuted March 11 to 3.8 million viewers and, by its most recent episode this past Wednesday, had dropped 32 percent to 2.6 million viewers. Block‘s Wednesday at 9 p.m. timeslot will be filled by repeats of Law & Order: Criminal Intent (which currently airs new episodes on sister-cable network USA) instead. NBC said it hopes to bring the show back at a later date.
'The Chopping Block': NBC pulls the plug on cooking show
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' quiz: Test your smarts
- 'Homeland' casts Broadway star Victoria Clark in big surprise role
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss talks THAT killer twist
- Britney Spears, Gwyneth Paltrow accept Jimmy Kimmel's invite to read Mean Tweets
Top 5 Most Read
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Natalie Dormer advocates for more male nudity on 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Mockingjay -- Part 1': The 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree' in 'Mockingjay'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' star Jimmy Smits talks Nero's heartbreaking scenes