NBC announced its new cooking reality competition The Chopping Block will be pulled from the schedule, effective immediately, according to Variety. The series debuted March 11 to 3.8 million viewers and, by its most recent episode this past Wednesday, had dropped 32 percent to 2.6 million viewers. Block‘s Wednesday at 9 p.m. timeslot will be filled by repeats of Law & Order: Criminal Intent (which currently airs new episodes on sister-cable network USA) instead. NBC said it hopes to bring the show back at a later date.
'The Chopping Block': NBC pulls the plug on cooking show
- 'Terminator: Genisys': Meet the main characters/cast in EW exclusive portraits
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young on the end of Smelly Mellie (and what's coming next)
- Alyssa Milano previews 'Project Runway All Stars'
- 'Vampire Diaries': Chris Wood on why Kai is the show's Ted Bundy
- 'Elementary': Lucy Liu and boss Rob Doherty name three characters to keep an eye on
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies': First Look at the Bennet sisters
- Danity Kane's surprisingly weird 'DK3' is too good to ignore
- 'Survivor': Dale talks 'vultures' who ate all the rice
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- 'Game of Thrones' cast signs on for 7th season, for a reportedly 'huge' raise
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'