Forty six years after his mother, iconic poet Sylvia Plath, committed suicide by gassing herself, her son, Nicholas Hughes has also taken his own life. After a battle withdepression, reports The Times Online, Hughes, 47, who had most recently worked as a professor at the University of AlaskaFairbanks,hanged himself in his Alaskan home. “His lifelong fascination with fish and fishing was a strong and shared bondwith our father (many of whose poems were about the natural world)," said his sister, Freida Hughes, in a statement. "He was aloving brother, a loyal friend to those who knew him and, despite thevagaries that life threw at him, he maintained an almost childlike innocenceand enthusiasm for the next project or plan.”
Nicholas Hughes, son of Sylvia Plath, commits suicide
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: WHAT is in that cage?
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are married
- Jimmy Kimmel's 'Friends' fantasy spurs real-life mini-reunion
- 'Teen Wolf' talk with Tyler Posey and Dylan O'Brien: 'I enjoy us'
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': Cressida, Gale among new character posters
- 'Walking Dead' First Look: Seth Gilliam as Father Gabriel Stokes
- 'Walking Dead' costars eagerly spill Andrew Lincoln's hairy secrets
- 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop to hit Manhattan in September
Top 5 Most Read
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- David Chase finally reveals Tony's fate on 'The Sopranos' (Updated)
- Exclusive: 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop hits Manhattan
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: New teaser takes viewers under the big top
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': Meet the rebel army