Forty six years after his mother, iconic poet Sylvia Plath, committed suicide by gassing herself, her son, Nicholas Hughes has also taken his own life. After a battle withdepression, reports The Times Online, Hughes, 47, who had most recently worked as a professor at the University of AlaskaFairbanks,hanged himself in his Alaskan home. “His lifelong fascination with fish and fishing was a strong and shared bondwith our father (many of whose poems were about the natural world)," said his sister, Freida Hughes, in a statement. "He was aloving brother, a loyal friend to those who knew him and, despite thevagaries that life threw at him, he maintained an almost childlike innocenceand enthusiasm for the next project or plan.”
Nicholas Hughes, son of Sylvia Plath, commits suicide
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 'Rebel Heart' album
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- Hallmark's holiday TV movies: Inside the concepts, casting, and scheduling
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst on the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see
Top 5 Most Read
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever