Forty six years after his mother, iconic poet Sylvia Plath, committed suicide by gassing herself, her son, Nicholas Hughes has also taken his own life. After a battle withdepression, reports The Times Online, Hughes, 47, who had most recently worked as a professor at the University of AlaskaFairbanks,hanged himself in his Alaskan home. “His lifelong fascination with fish and fishing was a strong and shared bondwith our father (many of whose poems were about the natural world)," said his sister, Freida Hughes, in a statement. "He was aloving brother, a loyal friend to those who knew him and, despite thevagaries that life threw at him, he maintained an almost childlike innocenceand enthusiasm for the next project or plan.”
Nicholas Hughes, son of Sylvia Plath, commits suicide
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- Neneh Cherry's back, not aiming for 'trendy'
- Kacy Catanzaro talks 'Ninja Warrior' whirlwind
- 'Arrow': 'We believe in accelerated storytelling'
- Batman's best stories: 9 that shine
- 'Sons of Anarchy' ending: Kurt Sutter says...
- Mark Ruffalo talks potential for a 'Hulk' movie
- 'Gotham': Robin Lord Taylor talks Oswald Cobblepot
- 'Two and a Half Men' final season to tackle 'gay' adoption 627
- 'Lost cause' 399
- Captain America is black, Thor is a woman, and Iron Man has a new costume: Witness Avengers NOW! 504
- 'Doctor Who': Which episode should newbies check out first? 421
- 'Dating Naked' reveals disappointingly small ratings 285
Top 5 Most Read
- Robert Downey, Jr. tops Forbes' list of highest paid actors once again
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Kacy Catanzaro would happily hit the 'American Ninja Warrior' obstacle course with Stephen Amell
- 'Sons of Anarchy' creator says series ending not yet decided
- Mark Ruffalo on the foe Hulk needs for a stand-alone movie