Roseanne Barr could be returning to primetime. According to The Hollywood Reporter, she’s joined forces with one of her former Roseanne producers, Caryn Mandabach, to develop a family comedy that has been pitched to Fox. Jim Vallely (Arrested Development) will pen the script. Barr would executiveproduce with Mandabach, Vallely, and Maggie Rowe. Last year, EW marked the 20th anniversary of Roseanne with an oral history of the show.
Roseanne Barr plotting primetime return with family comedy
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- Julianne Hough joins 'DWTS' as fourth judge
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Saved By the Bell': Remembering when it was 'Bliss'
- MTV VMAs' most buzzed-about moments (non-performance division)
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
- 'Big Brother'; 'So You Think You Can Dance'; 'Top Chef Duels': TV recaps
- 'Suits' boss talks what's next for Louis and Co. after 'This Is Rome'
Top 5 Most Read
- Zen and the art of casting Bill Murray in your movie
- 'Simpsons' writers explain how to survive FXX's 552-episode marathon
- 'Suits' postmortem: Creator Aaron Korsh talks Louis' showdown
- Kurt Sutter reveals how many 'Sons of Anarchy' club members will die
- 'Big Brother' recap: Betrayed, Betrayed, Betrayed