Actor Ron Silver died this morning after a two-year battle with esophageal cancer, the New York Post reports. Silver, 62, had a long, distinguished career on stage, screen and television. He’s probably best known for his recurring role as Bruno Gianelli on The West Wing and for his portrayal of famed lawyer Alan Dershowitz in the 1990 film Reversal of Fortune, starring Glenn Close and Jeremy Irons. Silver won the Tony Award for Best Actor in 1988 for David Mamet’s Speed the Plow. His family is making arrangements for a private service.
Mar 16 2009 02:39 AM ET
Ron Silver dies at 62
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Doctor Who' season end: Hi, my name is...
- 'Anchorman 2': Official teaser trailer
- 'SNL': Costumes of the year!
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?