Scarlett Johansson has been cast to play the Russian femme fatale Black Widow in Iron Man 2, joining a cast that includes Robert Downey Jr., Don Cheadle, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson, and the just-announced Mickey Rourke, according to E! Online. EW.com first reported Johansson was approached for the role after Emily Blunt stepped aside because of her obligations to Gulliver’s Travels, an adaptation of the classic tale toplined by Jack Black. Iron Man 2 is due in theaters May 7, 2010.
'Iron Man 2': Scarlett Johansson cast as Black Widow
- 'Survivor': Ex-MLB pitcher John Rocker and girlfriend to play
- 'Pretty Little Liars'; 'Bachelor in Paradise' recaps
- 'Sons of Anarchy' shares new, appropriately unsettling photos and portraits
- Emmys 2014: How it made a big year for TV feel small
- Chris Harrison on 'Bachelor in Paradise' episode 5 arrivals and departures
- Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' as Maleficent
- 'Simpsons' marathon guide: 11 great episodes from season 13 and later
- Homer Simpson takes the Ice Bucket Challenge
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Sons of Anarchy' photos are appropriately unsettling
- 'Pretty Little Liars' season finale recap: 'Taking This One to the Grave'
- 'True Blood' star Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' for major arc
- Watch Sara Bareilles sing 'Smile' for the Emmys' In Memoriam segment
- The 55 Essential Movies Kids Must Experience (Before They Turn 13)