Scarlett Johansson has been cast to play the Russian femme fatale Black Widow in Iron Man 2, joining a cast that includes Robert Downey Jr., Don Cheadle, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson, and the just-announced Mickey Rourke, according to E! Online. EW.com first reported Johansson was approached for the role after Emily Blunt stepped aside because of her obligations to Gulliver’s Travels, an adaptation of the classic tale toplined by Jack Black. Iron Man 2 is due in theaters May 7, 2010.
Mar 12 2009 05:02 PM ET
'Iron Man 2': Scarlett Johansson cast as Black Widow
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors dies at age 74
- Seth MacFarlane won't host '14 Oscars
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- Khaled Hosseini's new novel: EW review
- 'Rectify' season finale: Sneak preview
- 'Star Wars': New animation in fall '14
- 'SNL': New clue Jason Sudeikis to exit?
- 'Kinky Boots': Hear cast album!