Bristol Palin, 18-year-old daughter of former Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin, has called off her engagement to Levi Johnston, the 19-year-old father of their newborn son, Tripp, People.com is reporting. The young couple shot to notoriety during last year’s presidential campaign, and became the target of many comedians, including Tina Fey in a Saturday Night Live satire of the VP debate between Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and then-Sen. Joe Biden. In the skit, Fey, as Palin, said she was against gay marriage because she believed marriage was "a sacred institution between two unwilling teenagers." About the split, Bristol told the Associated Press that she was "devastated." Johnston said the breakup was a mutual decision.
Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston cancel their engagement
- 'Scandal' finale: Talk about it!
- 'American Idol': And the Top 6 are...
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- 'Scandal': 10 most shocking twists
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 'Transcendence' at box office?