Bristol Palin, 18-year-old daughter of former Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin, has called off her engagement to Levi Johnston, the 19-year-old father of their newborn son, Tripp, People.com is reporting. The young couple shot to notoriety during last year’s presidential campaign, and became the target of many comedians, including Tina Fey in a Saturday Night Live satire of the VP debate between Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and then-Sen. Joe Biden. In the skit, Fey, as Palin, said she was against gay marriage because she believed marriage was "a sacred institution between two unwilling teenagers." About the split, Bristol told the Associated Press that she was "devastated." Johnston said the breakup was a mutual decision.
Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston cancel their engagement
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- 'Sons of Anarchy' star Theo Rossi on TV shows that make him cry
- Tricia Helfer in Syfy's space thriller 'Ascension': First trailer
- 'Selfie' series premiere: Let's compare notes
- 'Manhattan Love Story': Disappointment at first sight
- 'New Girl' recap: 'Julie Berkman's Older Sister'
- 'Tak3n' trailer: Liam Neeson calls on a particular set of skills (again)
- Stephen King's 'A Good Marriage': Watch Joan Allen share some motherly advice
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl
- 'Castle' season 7 premiere recap: Where in the world is Richard Castle?
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Raining on prom night
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Mythbusters': Discovery responds to fan outrage over dumping Kari Byron