Bristol Palin, 18-year-old daughter of former Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin, has called off her engagement to Levi Johnston, the 19-year-old father of their newborn son, Tripp, People.com is reporting. The young couple shot to notoriety during last year’s presidential campaign, and became the target of many comedians, including Tina Fey in a Saturday Night Live satire of the VP debate between Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and then-Sen. Joe Biden. In the skit, Fey, as Palin, said she was against gay marriage because she believed marriage was "a sacred institution between two unwilling teenagers." About the split, Bristol told the Associated Press that she was "devastated." Johnston said the breakup was a mutual decision.
Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston cancel their engagement
- Peter Capaldi: 'Who,' me? Why he wrote off idea he'd be Time Lord
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln on Rick juggling brutality/humanity
- Lana Del Rey's 'Ultraviolence' video: Veiled intentions?
- Quentin Tarantino's 'Hateful Eight' has a poster
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's live musical
- Sarah Palin inspires 'Stephen Colbert's Angry Echo Chamber'
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live'
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- Paramount deletes tweet of Australian 'TMNT' poster amid 9/11 controversy