Bristol Palin, 18-year-old daughter of former Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin, has called off her engagement to Levi Johnston, the 19-year-old father of their newborn son, Tripp, People.com is reporting. The young couple shot to notoriety during last year’s presidential campaign, and became the target of many comedians, including Tina Fey in a Saturday Night Live satire of the VP debate between Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and then-Sen. Joe Biden. In the skit, Fey, as Palin, said she was against gay marriage because she believed marriage was "a sacred institution between two unwilling teenagers." About the split, Bristol told the Associated Press that she was "devastated." Johnston said the breakup was a mutual decision.
Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston cancel their engagement
- 'Star Wars Rebels' First Look: Inquisitor in action
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- 'Leprechaun: Origins': First Look at troublemaker
- 'Hannibal' yuks it up: Season 2 blooper reel
- Misha Collins' Scavenger Hunt: No record is safe?
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- 'Reign' cast: Can you ID the 'stealth nerd'?
Top 5 Most Read
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'