Bristol Palin, 18-year-old daughter of former Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin, has called off her engagement to Levi Johnston, the 19-year-old father of their newborn son, Tripp, People.com is reporting. The young couple shot to notoriety during last year’s presidential campaign, and became the target of many comedians, including Tina Fey in a Saturday Night Live satire of the VP debate between Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and then-Sen. Joe Biden. In the skit, Fey, as Palin, said she was against gay marriage because she believed marriage was "a sacred institution between two unwilling teenagers." About the split, Bristol told the Associated Press that she was "devastated." Johnston said the breakup was a mutual decision.
Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston cancel their engagement
- 'Amazing Race' recap: And the winners are...
- 'Gravity,' 'Her' share L.A. Critics' top prize
- '12 Years a Slave': Best Pic for Boston, N.Y. critics
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Frozen' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $31.6M
- Kennedy Center Honors: D.C. salutes five artists
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Nico Vega goes 'Bang Bang'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie line in Sweden
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Amazing Race' recap: The Final Frontier
- 'Homeland' recap: Loose Cannons
- 'SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars -- VIDEO
- Los Angeles Film Critics Awards: 'Gravity' ties with 'Her' for Best Picture, James Franco ties with Jared Leto
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: Pain and Pan-ic