MTV is developing an "unprecedented number" of scripted programs right now, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Currently in the works: DJ and the Fro, an animated series about office pals who swap viral videos; Private High Musical, based on the salty web series; Long Distance Relationship, about a college couple who stays connected via webcam; Popzilla, a sketch series; Who’s Your Daddy, an animated series about a celebrity couple and their adopted children; and Hard Times, about a "well-endowed high school geek whose social status is greatly improved after accidentally exposing himself at a basketball game."
MTV planning scripted comedies
- Caleb talks 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'Key and Peele' see alien invaders' true colors in season 4 sneak peek
- Oscar buzz: Sizing up the contenders after Toronto
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- Ernie Hudson tells us 'Ghostbusters' stories at key NYC locations
- 'Grey's' is the new 'Orange': Ellen Pompeo and Co. share fun photo
- Danai Gurira talks 'Walking Dead': 'The Michonne wig transforms me'
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani rise to Jimmy Fallon's lip sync challenge