MTV is developing an "unprecedented number" of scripted programs right now, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Currently in the works: DJ and the Fro, an animated series about office pals who swap viral videos; Private High Musical, based on the salty web series; Long Distance Relationship, about a college couple who stays connected via webcam; Popzilla, a sketch series; Who’s Your Daddy, an animated series about a celebrity couple and their adopted children; and Hard Times, about a "well-endowed high school geek whose social status is greatly improved after accidentally exposing himself at a basketball game."
MTV planning scripted comedies
- 'Terminator: Genisys': What we saw on the set--and hints on new twists
- 'Party Down South 2' trailer: No sleep 'til Biloxi
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7, reportedly with huge raises
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 2'
- 'Survivor' recap: The price of rice is right?
- Jim Carrey nails McConaughey voice again: 'All I gotta do is let go of the illusion that I exist'
- Spider-Man fans, take a good long look at Marvel's latest Summer '15 teaser
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst and an exclusive deleted scene
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- This week's cover: First look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features