MTV is developing an "unprecedented number" of scripted programs right now, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Currently in the works: DJ and the Fro, an animated series about office pals who swap viral videos; Private High Musical, based on the salty web series; Long Distance Relationship, about a college couple who stays connected via webcam; Popzilla, a sketch series; Who’s Your Daddy, an animated series about a celebrity couple and their adopted children; and Hard Times, about a "well-endowed high school geek whose social status is greatly improved after accidentally exposing himself at a basketball game."
MTV planning scripted comedies
- 'Simpsons' season premiere peek: Is Homer a goner?
- 'Once Upon a Time' writers come clean on 'Frozen'
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 2
- Fox means Biz (Markie) at Comic-Con movie panel
- George R.R. Martin's reason for not writing for TV
- Samuel L. Jackson: How about a Nick Fury solo movie?
- 'Game of Thrones': Epic season 4 blooper reel
- Comic-Con '14: See who's in EW's Social Photo Booth