MTV is developing an "unprecedented number" of scripted programs right now, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Currently in the works: DJ and the Fro, an animated series about office pals who swap viral videos; Private High Musical, based on the salty web series; Long Distance Relationship, about a college couple who stays connected via webcam; Popzilla, a sketch series; Who’s Your Daddy, an animated series about a celebrity couple and their adopted children; and Hard Times, about a "well-endowed high school geek whose social status is greatly improved after accidentally exposing himself at a basketball game."
MTV planning scripted comedies
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Crossed'
- American Music Awards winners are... (Updated)
- American Music Awards 2014 style: What the stars wore
- 'Walking Dead': Seth Gilliam on where Father Gabriel is going
- 'Jurassic World' teases Thanksgiving trailer: 3 nods to 'Jurassic Park'
- 'Homeland'; 'Newsroom'; 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'; 'Bob's Burgers'; 'Comeback'; more recaps
- 'SNL' recap: Cameron Diaz is a 'Back Home Baller'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
Top 5 Most Read
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Times Change: 'Jurassic World' teases with three homages to Steven Spielberg's original
- 'Saturday Night Live' recap: 'Cameron Diaz and Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars'
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- 'Hunger Games': Take the EW Trivia Quiz (Part 1)!