MTV is developing an "unprecedented number" of scripted programs right now, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Currently in the works: DJ and the Fro, an animated series about office pals who swap viral videos; Private High Musical, based on the salty web series; Long Distance Relationship, about a college couple who stays connected via webcam; Popzilla, a sketch series; Who’s Your Daddy, an animated series about a celebrity couple and their adopted children; and Hard Times, about a "well-endowed high school geek whose social status is greatly improved after accidentally exposing himself at a basketball game."
MTV planning scripted comedies
- 'Bachelor': Juan Pablo, we've seen this move before...
- '300' sequel is weekend's No. 1 movie: $45M
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- 'Amazing Race': Phil Keoghan previews Malaysia
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- '24: Live Another Day' teaser: Jack vs. assassin
- 'Walking Dead': Lauren Cohan on Maggie and Glenn
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!