Chris Brown has taken his name out of consideration for Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards, the Associated Press and other news outlets are reporting. The embattled pop star, who was charged last week with two felony counts stemming from a February incident in which his girlfriend Rihanna was allegedly attacked, had been nominated for favorite male singer and best song awards for the March 28 show. The nominations were handed out shortly before Brown’s Feb. 8 arrest, and debate had stirred in recent weeks over whether he should be a part of the Nickelodeon event. In a statement, Brown’s representatives said that while the singer can’t speak directly with his fans because of the criminal case against him, he thanks them for their support.
Mar 11 2009 07:44 PM ET
Chris Brown withdraws from Kids' Choice Awards
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors dies at age 74
- 'DWTS': Moment of silence for Oklahoma
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- John Barrowman: 'Sing Your Face Off' host
- 'Mike & Molly' tornado episode pulled
- 'SNL': A 'Lovely Day' ends an era
- Taylor Swift: About that unicorn tee...