Michael J. Fox, who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 1991 and starred on Spin City until 2001, is planning a return to television with a special on the effects of optimism. Michael J. Fox: Adventures of an Incurable Optimist, airing May 7 on ABC, will look at the literal power of positive thinking, and share details from Fox’s own life. For the special, the actor, husband, father, and Parkinson’s activist will travel to Bhutan, the tiny Himalayan nation so invested in it’s people’s well-being that it actually monitors the country’s Gross National Happiness.
Mar 10 2009 01:47 AM ET
Michael J. Fox: Returning to TV in May with special on optimism
- James Gandolfini dies at age 51
- James Gandolfini 'a genius': David Chase
- James Gandolfini dies: Tributes on Twitter
- James Gandolfini: 15 classic 'Tony' lines
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?
- 'World War Z': EW movie review