HarperCollins, the publisher who recently closed its Collins division, announced today that it will be launching a new imprint called It Books. The new division will focus on pop culture, which includes "entertainment, music, fashion, design, and sports," according to the publisher. It Books, which will be helmed by Senior Vice President/Associate Publisher Carrie Kania, will publish its first books this upcoming September (books by the likes of Dita Von Teese, Neil Strauss, and Paul Provenza and Aaron Karo will be published by the imprint; future authors attached to It Books are Molly Ringwald, Debbie Harry, and Toni Braxton). “It Books will be a new way for us to reach readers like us—people with an endless appetite for pop culture, who live for music and film and art and fashion and the Internet,” says Kania in HarperCollins’ press release. “An It book should be fun. It should be interesting. It should be cool. It should look great. Working with Cal and Mauro, we’re going to have the chance to publish some great books and market them in new and interesting ways. I’m really excited about this opportunity.”
HarperCollins to launch It Books
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: Chris Pratt rides with some raptors
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read: Ellen Page as Han Solo, Jessica Alba as Leia
- Spider-Woman: How cool is this new costume?
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- 'Survivor': Anyone else enraged by that 'wicked stepmother' speech?
- 'Survivor' final five speaks (and blasts Reed)
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 'Fargo' season 2 scoop, including a peek at a page from the premiere's script
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst reacts to the winner, Reed's harsh comments, and the entire season
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' finale: And the winner is...
- 'Survivor' season finale recap: The Right Person Won
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Jeff Probst gives exclusive intel on NEXT season