Sony Pictures Entertainment is expecting to cut about 300 jobs — or about four percent of its employees — as early as next week, according to the Los Angeles Times. That number would be reached by a mix of layoffs and eliminating open positions. The studio’s revenue dropped eight percent in the most recent quarter, to $1.9 billion, which was attributed to declining DVD and television program sales. Sony declined to comment on the job cuts.
Mar 4 2009 09:54 PM ET
Sony Pictures to cut 300 jobs
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors dies at age 74
- 'DWTS': Moment of silence for Oklahoma
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- John Barrowman: 'Sing Your Face Off' host
- 'Mike & Molly' tornado episode pulled
- 'SNL': A 'Lovely Day' ends an era
- Taylor Swift: About that unicorn tee...