The Pale King, a long, unfinished novel by the late David Foster Wallace, is scheduled for publication next year. Wallace’s longtime publisher Little, Brown and Company released a statement Sunday: The manuscript runs "several hundred thousand words and will include notes, outlines, and other material." Excerpted in this week’s New Yorker, the novel — which Wallace left in his garage — centers around the bored employees of an IRS center in Illinois.
Mar 2 2009 02:25 PM ET
Little, Brown will publish David Foster Wallace's unfinished novel
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'Modern Family': It's a Sunshine State day
- 'Twilight' tops Teen Choice Awards noms
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Jennifer Aniston: 'We're the Millers' trailer
- Robert Redford in 'All Is Lost' at Cannes
- Cassadee Pope: Hear her new single