Esteemed gossip columnist Liz Smith has been dropped by the New York Post, where her column has run for 33 years, CNN reports. She will continue to write five times a week forwowOwow.com, an online community for women. No reason was given for the Post’s decision, but editor Col Allan released a statement saying, "The Post is grateful to have been able to publish Liz Smith’slegendary column for so many years. We wish her the very best for thefuture." The 86-year-old Smith has written for the New York Post, New YorkDaily News, and Newsday and has appeared on New York’s WNBC-TV for more than 10 years.
Feb 25 2009 02:46 PM ET
Liz Smith dropped by the New York Post
- James Gandolfini dies at age 51
- James Gandolfini 'a genius': David Chase
- James Gandolfini dies: Tributes on Twitter
- James Gandolfini: 15 classic 'Tony' lines
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?
- 'World War Z': EW movie review