Death Row Records cofounder Marion "Suge" Knight, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to misdemeanor battery in Las Vegas, the Associated Press reports. The case stemmed from an altercation Knight had with a woman in a Nevada parking lot last year; police officers had witnessed him striking the woman while holding a knife. The plea was part of a deal which dropped three felony counts against the 43-year-old rap-music icon. He was ordered to undergo counseling, pay a $340 fine, and return to court in August for a status check.
Feb 19 2009 12:51 AM ET
'Suge' Knight pleads guilty to misdemeanor battery
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Sam Taylor-Johnson to direct 'Fifty Shades'
- Danielle Bradbery deal with Big Machine
- 'Voice': Danielle Bradbery wins season 4
- Cher: Mentoring singers 'would be fun'
- Terence Stamp on playing Zod: EW Radio
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?
- Andy Samberg: 'Comedy Bang! Bang!' clip