Pop-rap star Nelly has teamed with The Biggest Loser producer 25/7 Prods. for a variety show currently being pitched to networks, Variety reports. Nelly’s Night in Vegas, a weekly talkshow-variety hybrid series, would feature Nelly performing and interacting with other celebrities. 25/7’s Dave Broome is set to executive produce along with Nelly and The Daily Show co-creator Madeleine Smithberg. Nelly’s Night looks to join the current variety show revival trend: CBS is working on a variety special starring musician John Mayer, while Fox is launching a show this spring starring the Osbournes.
'Biggest Loser' producer teams with Nelly for variety show
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris in recurring role
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead' cast reveals how they'd like their characters to die
Top 5 Most Read
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries' and more
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Summer box office: Why didn't 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' fly higher?