Pop-rap star Nelly has teamed with The Biggest Loser producer 25/7 Prods. for a variety show currently being pitched to networks, Variety reports. Nelly’s Night in Vegas, a weekly talkshow-variety hybrid series, would feature Nelly performing and interacting with other celebrities. 25/7′s Dave Broome is set to executive produce along with Nelly and The Daily Show co-creator Madeleine Smithberg. Nelly’s Night looks to join the current variety show revival trend: CBS is working on a variety special starring musician John Mayer, while Fox is launching a show this spring starring the Osbournes.
Feb 19 2009 10:45 AM ET
'Biggest Loser' producer teams with Nelly for variety show
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Amanda Bynes: 'Don't believe any reports'
- 'Fast & Furious 6': Sung Kang says...
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!