Pop-rap star Nelly has teamed with The Biggest Loser producer 25/7 Prods. for a variety show currently being pitched to networks, Variety reports. Nelly’s Night in Vegas, a weekly talkshow-variety hybrid series, would feature Nelly performing and interacting with other celebrities. 25/7’s Dave Broome is set to executive produce along with Nelly and The Daily Show co-creator Madeleine Smithberg. Nelly’s Night looks to join the current variety show revival trend: CBS is working on a variety special starring musician John Mayer, while Fox is launching a show this spring starring the Osbournes.
'Biggest Loser' producer teams with Nelly for variety show
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC 'effective immediately'
- Cheerleading taken seriously as a movie topic? Bring it on
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- J.K Rowling writes new Dolores Umbridge story
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- 'Forever' sneak peek: Henry and Jo mix classy and sassy
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Grey's'; 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- The 17 most important GIFs from the 'Avengers 2' trailer