Publisher Simon Spotlight announced plans today to publish former child star Mackenzie Phillips’ memoir. The memoir will not only touch on her days as the star of One Day at a Time, but also her drug addiction and "sex, drugs and rock-and-roll" upbringing (her dad was The Mamas and The Papas’ John Phillips). Says Phillips: "I’ve always known I would write this book. As the famous daughter of a famous rock star there are plenty tales of trashed hotel rooms, a 301-foot empty swimming pool, drugs (if you hadn’t heard), and off-the-charts hedonism. But ultimately, it’s about the shadow that fell over my life when I was young and full of hope and promise, and how I survived, got clean, and found that the person underneath that gray cloud of drugs and (let’s admit it) bad parenting was pretty okay." The memoir will likely reference the actress’ relapse in 2008, when she was arrested at LAX for possession of cocaine and heroin. The book is scheduled to be on stands in March 2010.
Feb 17 2009 04:29 PM ET
Mackenzie Phillips to publish memoir with Simon Spotlight
- 'American Idol': Lowest-rated finale ever
- 'Office' ratings surge for series finale
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- Grand Canyon tightrope walk on TV in June
- 'Big Bang Theory': Big finale for Raj
- 'Ugly Betty' meets her 'Romeo'?
- Music on TV: What's THAT finale song?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Post-'Grad' plans?