The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun, J.R.R. Tolkien’s previously unpublished early-career work based on Norse mythology, will be released this spring, the Associated Press is reporting. Tolkien wrote the book, which predates his seminal The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy, in the 1920s and 1930s, when he was teaching at Oxford University. He died in 1973.
Feb 17 2009 11:27 PM ET
J.R.R. Tolkien: New book due out this spring
- 'Voice' season 4: And the winner is...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- 'Channing All Over Your Tatum': Kimmel clip
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- Miss USA 2013: Our recap in pictures
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- 'Man of Steel' gets religion?