Executives at Live Nation and Ticketmaster are considering a merger, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal. Live Nation is the world’s largest concert promoter, while Ticketmaster is a major ticketing service; both companies have expanded into new fields in recent years, with Ticketmaster acquiring an artist-management firm and Live Nation inking deals to release music and promote tours by stars including U2, Madonna, and Jay-Z. If the two join their operations, the proposed Live Nation Ticketmaster corporation would represent a major new force in the music industry. The Journal cites sources saying a deal could be announced as soon as next week.
Feb 4 2009 03:08 AM ET
Ticketmaster, Live Nation weigh merger
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Amanda Bynes: 'Don't believe any reports'
- 'Fast & Furious 6': Sung Kang says...
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!