The Weinstein Co. has optioned movie rights to Gerald Clarke’s Get Happy: the Life of Judy Garland, Variety reports. The 2000 book details the singer-actress’ personal problems and how she was mistreated by those close to her. Clarke’s biography of Truman Capote was the source material for Dan Futterman’s Oscar-nominated Capote script.
Feb 4 2009 11:11 AM ET
The Weinstein Co. options Judy Garland bio
- 'Anchorman 2': We know that mustache...
- Patricia Clarkson joins 'Maze Runner' cast
- Betty White's Facebook post (in longhand)
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Prometheus' sequel hires a new writer
- Russell Brand jolts 'Morning Joe': Watch
- Dan Harmon sorry for 'Community' slam
- Ryan Reynolds exits 'Highlander' remake