Singer Nick Lachey is defending his ex-wife, Jessica Simpson, from criticism that the once-svelte reality-TV and pop star has packed on a few too many pounds, the Associated Press reports. "I think it’s ridiculous that the media is making such a big deal aboutit," Lachey said, when asked by an AP reporter about it at his Super Skins Celebrity Golf Classic party. "It’sridiculous that it would be making headlines. But you can’t believeeverything that’s written or reported in the media. I wish her nothingbut happiness." EW.com users weighed in on the topic heavily earlier this week.
Nick Lachey defends Jessica Simpson weight gain; calls taunts of her 'ridiculous'
- 'Simpsons' season premiere peek: Is Homer a goner?
- 'Once Upon a Time' writers come clean on 'Frozen'
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 2
- Fox means Biz (Markie) at Comic-Con movie panel
- George R.R. Martin's reason for not writing for TV
- Samuel L. Jackson: How about a Nick Fury solo movie?
- 'Game of Thrones': Epic season 4 blooper reel
- Comic-Con '14: See who's in EW's Social Photo Booth